Charities! Want to be part of our Redback Charity Program?
The Redback Charity Program allows us to create exposure and awareness for four chosen charities every quarter.
Giving back is part of who we are. From the very beginning, we have always been cognisant of the role we play in society and how we can make Australian organisations in any way possible.
How the Redback Charity Program works:
- We spotlight a charity on our Business Skills Series once a month via our direct marketing channels
- The charity that receives the most votes receives a $500 donation
- Every charity will receive a donation relative to how they place in audience votes
- All charities receive a 10% discount on all Redback Services
View our current quarter’s charities
Are you a registered charity that wants to gain some exposure? Are you in need of donations? Are you a Redback customer?
To become involved, email us directly on email@example.com – we would love to hear from you! We will be in touch to discuss the selection process and provide you with more information.
Until next time,
A Big Call Out – Become a Business Skills Series Presenter!
Redback’s Business Skills Series will be going into its sixth year! As another year comes to an end, we’re raring to start planning for our 2018 series.
Our online audiences demand presenters that inspire, engage and educate. We’re currently on the lookout for fantastic presenters who want to get their word out. If you’re a subject matter expert (or know of anyone that is), then let us know!
What is this Series All About?
This series is dedicated to giving back to our community through education. Every second Tuesday, between 11:00 am – 11:45 am, we give back to our energetic and involved community with a range of educational and inspiring topics via a webcast. We deliver the webcast in our state-of-the-art studios (take a virtual tour) and guide you through the process.
Anyone can join, and anyone can present. The entire program is provided free of charge to all participants and presenters. The archived webcast can then be viewed on-demand and shared for an additional 12 months after the live-stream.
What Can You Talk About?
A whole variety of things! Here’s a snapshot of some the webcasts we held in 2017:
- The Art of Public Speaking and Presenting Online with Trish Springsteen – Watch
- Developing your Careers Most Valuable Asset – YOU with Neil Von Heupt – Watch
- Health and Wellbeing Session: Mastering Mental Chatter with Rose Lauria – Watch
- The Change Intelligent Leader with Huw Thomas– Watch
- Pricing – Getting it Right for your Business with Rachel White – Watch
- Gen Y and X Have Entered the Workforce with Alex Richardson and Belinda Moore – Watch
Click here to submit your details and become a presenter!
Until next time,
Hybrid is Here – Grab Your Whitepaper Today!
Hybrid is here! Gone are the days of yore when you were restricted by time and space. Attending a physical event used to mean a tradeoff in terms of what you wanted to see and what you could actually see. Concurrent sessions necessitated a decision every time as to which session would bring you more value. With the advent of webcasting technology, you can now tune in to any and all sessions of your choosing. Find an example of a hybrid event here.
The use of hybrid events on a global scale has seen tremendous success and the trend is surging ahead. Fears of attendance cannibalisation are unfounded. Lack of knowledge around the subject matter propagates the myth. Dana Freker Doody, VP of Corporate Communications for the Expo Group, claims that hybrid events, if done properly, can prove to be a very effective marketing and awareness channel for your face to face events. The online presence of the event is driving more physical event registrations for following events.
“We are not seeing cannibalisation by putting out offerings online. We are seeing more people actually being driven to the face-to-face event based on what they are seeing online.”
Beyond the day of the event, you can access the content online from any device. Be creative with what you webcast – the possibilities are endless! Thanks to hybrid, you can now extend the extend the life of your content, increase sponsorship opportunities, access a broader pool of speakers and measure your return on investment with advanced reporting and tracking features.
Read this white paper for a deep dive into the world of hybrid events. Learn the latest trends, research, and tips needed to make your next virtual event a success. Get going with hybrid!
3 Ways to Lead Digital Transformation in the Workplace
Collaboration within team environments is irrefutable. It’s powerful and effective. It drives alignment across key departmental heads and fosters engagement throughout the workplace harnessing better work, smarter work and essentially nurturing togetherness.
Australian Bureau Statistics data now reveals that 30% of Australians work remotely*. Furthermore, a report from Hays concluded that 86% of employees consider flexible working options an important or very important factor for their engagement**. This significant rise over the last fifteen years has allowed for improved and flexible workplace environments provided the right communication tools are at hand. Put broadly, it’s really about encouraging the advantages of transforming to digital and focusing on building a brighter future for your organisation.
Here are 3 ways to digitally transforming the workplace you’re in and creating an engaged workforce;
#1 – Build on Company Culture
Company culture is a big deal these days. Its reasons are valid and essential to the way forward. What it really means is fostering cohesive teams, fulfilled individuals and productive performance. By defining and measuring productivity as opposed to clocking the hours alleviates stress and provides room for retention, happiness and creativity.
#2 – Create Engagement
Engaging your staff comes from within them. Basically, you want to allow the space for employees to develop a sense achievement and ultimately make a difference to the business. By clearly communicating your goals and overall strategy on a regular basis highlights the importance of being heavily aligned to it. Make them apart of the bigger picture.
#3 – Lastly, Get the Right Tools and Advice
Having the best technology in the market to allow your organisation to connect, collaborate and communicate efficiently and effectively from any location in the world is one thing. But, having a dedicated provider in your virtual backyard that can support you from planning to implementation, completely customised for your business is indisputable when it comes to peace of mind. Saving time on travel, money and resources are important factors within an organisation; lessen the work-load for your employees so that they can focus on bigger and better things!
Redback’s solutions help you on your very own journey to becoming a leader in the digital arena, substantially improving the way your teams communicate and collaborate as well as getting them to live your brand and really understand the company’s mission. Great companies understand the value in having teams working well together and we want to make it easier for you to do so.
If you want more information on digital events and collaboration tools, head over to our inspiration page – it’s full of content that has been created with our customers in mind. Explore the possibilities!
Here’s to change,
Augment your franchisee training program with webinars!
Training and education are essential in the highly systemised franchise industry. Desired results and performance are directly linked to the training provided to franchisees. Franchisors need to provide training both in the initial start-up period as well as on an ongoing basis. For a franchisor to remain competitive in the long term, franchisees must be informed on best practices, industry trends, product updates, location openings, licensing information, operating procedures, and strategic information. Beyond competitiveness, for a franchisor to remain compliant and in business, franchisees must be cognisant of legal issues and be tracked on their knowledge. Learn about Redback’s Participant Engagement Reporting here.
Online training is an essential tool for both partners in a franchise relationship, both franchisor and franchisee. Read here for a quick guide on how to implement online training.
Convenience, cost-savings, and consistency are key benefits to implementing an online training program. Franchisors can disseminate information while reducing costs and maintaining consistency easily. Franchisees are typically so busy with the day-to-day activities that attending in-person training, updates, and debriefs are a strain on time and money. With device-agnostic online training, franchisees can access information at a time convenient for them. There is no excuse for not keeping abreast of issues when information can be accessed so readily.
Hosting webinars online allows franchisors to cut costs and receive long-term dividends. Their training content can be accessed again in the future as it is needed. Find out how you can take your CPD programs online here.
Not convinced on taking on webinars? Read below for the 7 Benefits of Online Training Webinars:
- Extending the reach of franchisors to their franchisees in dispersed locations
- Reducing the costs involved with traditional online training, such as event hire, catering, transportation, and accommodation costs
- Simple platform where franchisors can upload content easily and on-the-go if they need to communicate a message
- Providing training that can be accessed at the user’s convenience and from any location and device
- Ensuring consistency in messaging that might be otherwise altered when delivered by personnel live
- Instantaneous updates so that franchisees have the latest training information and updates
- Ability for participants and hosts to track participation/engagement through Engagement Reporting to see who is being compliant
Want to know how to create your own webinar? Read here for our Webinar Organiser Handbook.
Want to learn more about the custom solutions available to you? Speak to a specialist at 1800 733 416 today!
Until next time,
E-Marketing Timeline Template for your Digital Events!
Email marketing is a very common tool for organisations both large and small for one reason – it works! When executed effectively, it can be powerful in capturing the attention of your audience especially when you want them to register for your next live event. It’s also an inexpensive and easy way to expand your contact database for future webinars and webcasts.
Preparing and promoting your webinar or webcast shouldn’t be taken lightly, especially if it’s completely new territory. Creating a well thought out e-marketing plan is critical and can make all the difference between success and failure.
That’s why we have created an E-Marketing Timeline Template! It will help you map out your strategy for each event campaign that you create. Essentially, this will allow you to understand the exact customer touch points allowing you to execute your strategy effectively – and hopefully add to the success of your next digital event!
Until next time,
3 Things to Know when Delivering the Perfect Presentation
Remember back in school when you spent the week both dreading and procrastinating on a speech you had to present to the entire class? It was more the battle to overcome your fears of stuffing up – trying to clear that lump in your throat, so you didn’t sound like a shaken, off-pitched flute, oh and of course the trembling hands – how could you forget! Then you made things a whole lot worse for yourself by preparing the entirety of it the night before… uh oh!
Ah presenting… you either love it or hate it. Either way, whether it’s your thing or not, the limelight will be on you one day. It takes some years of experience, lots of practice and a little dedication to get to a point where your confidence prevails. Watch out world! You’ll be ready to smash a TED Talk… or a webinar or webcast, perhaps? Wink wink.
So how do you get there? Here are three small tips that will make a big difference to the development of your next presentation and, hopefully, mark the growth of your sensational self!
1. Know Your Audience
Before you dive in head first, consider your audience and see how you can relate to them. Your presentation will benefit from doing a thorough fact find of things like their background, their position, and any preconceptions they might have about you or your business will benefit. Asking questions like “what are you hoping to gain?” to your viewers before you present will help you form the foundations of ways in which you can communicate and engage with them directly.
2. Know Your Objectives
The best presenters can comprehend clearly what key points they want to highlight and how to tell their story in a way that is best understood by their audience. Instead of getting caught up in the design of your slide deck, open up a Word document or even just get out the good old paper and pen, and get writing! Quoting Albert Einstein is opportune here; he once said, “If you can’t explain it to a six-year-old, you don’t understand it yourself.”
3. Know What to Focus On
Engagement is a word thrown around quite a bit these days, and for a good reason! The last thing you want to do is bore your audience with an overly worded slide deck that drowns out your main points. Ensure your well-researched presentation remains inspirational and digestible; make an effort to convey your insights on the research as it’s easy to overwhelm your audience with information and data. Also, always keep in mind that your listeners are giving you their valuable time and attention so make an effort to really engage with them. If you have them engaged on a higher level during your talk, they’ll be more likely connect again to find out further details.
Once you’ve prepared your presentation, also allow the time to practice! Practice does make perfect.
If you find you are struggling with the thought of presenting, we highly recommend viewing our Business Skills Webcast on “The Art of Public Speaking and Presenting Online” by Trish Springsteen – enjoy!
So there you have it! Are you ready to present?
Until next time,
Winner of Charity Spotlight Announced!
Huge congratulations to Cystic Fibrosis Community Care for taking out first place and the $500 prize in the Q3 Redback Charity Spotlight!
CFCC works to support people affected by cystic fibrosis, a life-limiting condition that affects the respiratory, digestive and reproductive systems. Their work supports families by helping ease the cost and emotional impact that is carried by those affected.
Here are the final results for the quarter:
1st – Cystic Fibrosis Community Care | 273 Votes – $500
2nd – Mission Australia | 183 Votes – $350
3rd – Diabetes NSW & ACT | 131 Votes – $150
4th – Arthritis & Osteoporosis | 118 Votes – $100
Thank you to those that got involved and voted, as well as, to the remarkable charities for their continued dedication to these worthwhile causes.
The Q4 2017 Redback Charity Spotlight starts today, and we have four new charities taking part:
- Kidsafe SA
- Heart Foundation QLD
- Amputees NSW
- Refugees Welcome Australia
Click here to vote for your favorite charities!
To find out more information about the program, please visit: www.redbackconferencing.com.au/social-responsibility/
Until next time,
The Redback Team
The 5 Simple Steps to Creating your next CPD Webinar!
Did you know that 72.3% of organisations rate Online Education/Webinars as valuable when it comes to how CPD and CPE resources are delivered*?
We show you how to best utilise your webinar platform to create highly professional and engaging CPD webinars through the following 5 steps…
You can have the most amazing event in the world, but what is the point if no one knows about it?
- Branded email invitations, confirmation auto-responders and reminder emails
- Branded registration pages, including sponsorship and presenter information
- Appropriate social media channels to promote your event
A confident, knowledgeable and passionate presenter can make all the difference. Always train on:
- Technical: Ensuring they can login to the platform and have a good internet connection
- Interactive: Ensure they are across all interactive features and how the tools work
- Format: Upload their PPT presentation and ensure each segment works with polls, Q&A etc.
Technology, remote attendees – so much to think about! If you want your webinar to run smoothly…
- Test all technology prior to the event start time
- Assign a facilitator to moderate any questions or attendee technical difficulties
- Provide a support number in case there are any issues – we recommend your webinar provider
It’s all about measuring your Return On Investment, delivering value and enhancing the experience.
- Measure Attendance Rates and track online behaviour from chat transcripts, polls and quizzes
- Understand what is and what isn’t working with reports on registration page conversions
- Track subject lines and engagement levels with reports on Email Opens and Click Through Rates
5. Post Event
What happens after your event is just as important as the event itself…
- Create and send CPD certificates to all who attended
- Send the webinar recording and supporting documentation to all registrants
- Download the webinar reports and evaluate the feedback – How can you further engage?
With an increase in the functionality and accessibility of technology, more and more organisations are choosing highly professional and engaging online platforms as their main communication tool. Why? Because they can allow you to report on participant behavior, access extensive reporting and your content can live as long as you want it to with the option to host on-demand.
So how can you leverage the online world and reach and engage more members? We’ve put together our The CPD Webinar Guide that includes verything from creating your events to maximising them once they’re done. Does more engagement, higher attendance and better reporting sound good to you?
*SurveyMatters, 2014 ‘Associations Matter – State of the Sector Study’, SurveyMatters, page 32
Investor Relations Webcasts: The Essentials Explained
Are your investor relations calls conducted to your satisfaction? Are you struggling to keep a professional look and feel when you’re handling all the parts? Are you capturing your sessions for later review? Are you risking your call with wildcard questions?
Remove the stress with a managed investor relations (IR) webcast!
What is an IR webcast?
An IR webcast is a communication channel with the ability to broadcast the CFO and CEO’s results to investors and potential investors.
For more on webcasts, have a read here.
Who should be doing IR webcasts?
Any company that is publicly-listed. A webcast allows you to archive your call and retain a record of it.
Why should we do IR webcasts? What benefits are there?
- Focus on content: IR webcasts removes the delivery component of the IR call from your team and allows you to focus on the content.
- Reach & control: You can reach a larger audience while being able to moderate and control the conversation. The platform allows you to prescreen and filter questions so your speaker isn’t caught off guard.
- Streamlining of process: With unique pins, you’re able to identify attendees without putting them through a queue. IR webcasts provide a first-class experience to attendees while relieving some of your stress.
What are the types of IR webcasts available?
- Remotely delivered – CEO and their team dial out to an event conference from their boardroom. This is managed and moderated by an operator.
- Hybrid – Company hosts a physical event with live streaming component. This involves a hired conference facility for a live address and Redback is onsite to live stream.
- Studio – Come into our facilities and just present. Focus on content and we take care of every element.
What should we be looking for in an IR webcast provider?
- One-stop shop: One provider that can do the webcast and the event teleconference. This way it’s just one contact and they can deal with all the moving parts.
- Redundancies and backups: Ideally, your chosen provider will be experienced and prepared for all redundancies.
- Unique pin codes: A provider that can streamline the process in highly desirable. Unique pin codes are one way of doing this – they shorten the time it takes for an attendee to get into a call. Unique pins are linked with individuals so that their contact information doesn’t need to be collected on the call.
What features would take the webcast to the next level?
CTAs, polls, moderators can take a webcast from good to great.
- CTAs: provide links to supporting material that pushes attendees into the sales funnel. Digital events can all be connected with CTAs. You have a captive audience already – use this as an opportunity to cross-promote.
- Polls: add an element of interactivity to an otherwise standard conference.
- Q&A moderation allows for faultless events. You have the ability to prescreen questions before they reach the CEO and can edit or ignore as needed. Your speakers won’t be flustered with disagreeable questions.
What’s included in the Redback IR package?
Redback’s offering is completely customizable. We can take over every element or just handle one piece. We can take care of every element – provide a event tele-conferencing operator, a webcast solution, a studio solution, schedule marketing campaigns, etc. You just have to provide the powerpoint and the presenters.
Why use Redback for IR?
Redback is Australia’s #1 platform for interactive digital events. We deliver professional investor relations for publicly-listed companies. Our platform delivers the most IR events nationally, more than any other provider. We design solutions that meets the requirements of our customers – each solution is customized to our customers’ needs.
- Australian- owned and operated: All infrastructure and support are in Australia.
- End-user support: We provide end-user support which all attendees have access to. You do not have to worry about any of the logistics of running the event or any technical issues that may arise.
- Unique pins: attendees do not have to queue for attendance checks as their contact details are already collected.
- Dedicated webcast studios: We are the only provider with state-of-the-art, dedicated streaming facilities for digital events. Broadcast, live-stream, and record from our studios in Sydney CBD and Melbourne CBD. Discover our studio offerings here.
Our solutions bring together all the parts for your investor relations call — event management, call moderation, end-user support, marketing, web streaming, recording, transcription and replay. You can rest easy with our first-class delivery. Learn more about our IR offering here.